Did You Know...
1. Radio Power - One of the main factors that directly affect the radios performance, coverage and price. In almost all cases, Junior to High Schools will need at least 4 watts of power radios to ensure consistent coverage throughout the school. An elementary school on the other side will only need 2 watts of power radios which can results in about $60 savings per radio.
2. Durability and Reliability - Avoid purchasing radios made entirely out of plastic material, especially the ones that can be picked up in pairs from any retail store. These are radios for recreational purposes and will not survive the day to day use in the demanding business environments. They are cheaper one time purchase but you will end up buying new radios every year which will cost more in the long run.
3. Radio Frequencies - Always purchase radios that work on UHF frequencies 450-470MHz. These radios are able to penetrate through structures much better comparing to their VHF versions and will provide you with better coverage.
4. Warranty - The more the better. Nowadays, a good quality business two-way radio will have at least 2 years warranty. Don’t get stuck with equipment and brands that provide less than that. You will most certainly get stuck with the repair bill too as soon the 1 year warranty expires.
5. Price - The Price is always important but the cheapest radio is not necessarily the best option. Choosing radio equipment only by it’s price point in the market may end up costing you more in the long run. Making sure that the equipment is the right for your needs and will do the job you need it to, is most important. And if you compare different radios, make sure that they are similar with similar features, so you can choose the best product that fits into your budget.