How can I maximize the life of my battery?
- Keep your battery contact points clean and dry.
- Turn your radio off while charging the battery or remove the battery and charge it separately.
- Always keep your battery away from heat: direct sun, fire, etc
- If you have a Ni-CD battery, don't recharge it before the battery is fully discharge. Every time FULLY recharge the battery.
- If you have a Ni-MH battery, fully discharge and charge it once or twice a month.
We also offer Smart Chargers for many of the popular batteries. Smart Chargers continuously condition your battery while it is charging to make sure it is always in its peak condition. Smart Chargers can often double the life of your battery.